Spring VAR will be April 27-29, 2018 at Hungry Mother Lutheran Retreat Center, a private camp located adjacent to Hungry Mother State Park, near Marion, VA.
Registration includes camping, the Saturday evening meal, and a guidebook. Early registration is $35 through April 6. The price increases to $40 on April 7. To ensure a meal ticket, please pre-register by April 20. After that, registration will be onsite only.
The cost for minor children ages 10-17 registering with an adult is $25. Children under 10 are free. The free/reduced rates do not include a guidebook.
Space in the bunkhouse is available on a first-come-first-served basis. The price is an additional $5 for the weekend. The bunkhouse consists of two large, simple rooms with bunk beds. Guests must provide their own linens or sleeping bags. The adjacent bathroom includes hot showers, which will be available to all VAR guests.
A furnished cabin that sleeps 12 is also available, at a price of an additional $100. The cabin has six double bunk beds, a bathroom, and small kitchen. This would be a great deal for a grotto to share! If you want to reserve the cabin, contact us directly. Update: The cabin has been reserved.
If you have any questions, contact us using the Contact Us link on this site.
Complete the form below. After you have submitted your registration form, either click the Pay Now with PayPal link to send a payment of the appropriate amount (you will be asked to enter the amount), or you can mail a check payable to Walker Mountain Grotto to the address below.
- Early registration prices are in effect until April 6. After that, prices on this page will increase and the option to pre-order an event T-shirt will be removed. A limited number of additional shirts will be available for sale onsite.
- Online pre-registration will continue to be available through April 20. After that, registration will be on-site only.
- The form allows listing multiple additional registrants. Please include all names including children under 10.
- If you wish to pre-order one or more event T-shirts, specify the quantity and sizes in the comments box at the bottom of the form (S, M, L, XL, 2XL).
- After you fill in the form, click “Submit”. You will then see a confirmation screen. To complete your registration, continue to the bottom of the page and use the PayPal link to submit your payment, or mail your check to the address below.
Number of registrants (adults): ____ x $35 = ____
Number of children (ages 10-17): ____ x $25 = ____
Event T-Shirt: ____ x $15 = ____
Bunkhouse: ____ x $5 = ____
Total cost: ______
After you click “submit” to send your registration, continue below to payment options.
Pay now with PayPal! Use this link: Pay Now with PayPal
Mail your registration check (payable to Walker Mountain Grotto) to:
Walker Mountain Grotto
c/o Tanya McLaughlin
704 Holston Hills Ln
Marion, VA 24354-1670
If you prefer a mail-in paper registration, print this form and mail it in with your payment: Registration form.